Thursday, October 28, 2004

 

The Bird

CB saw a posting on a listserv tonight decrying that President Bush flipped the bird years ago, except that this event was captured on tape. Can I ever imagine changing my vote over the candidate’s use of “The Finger”? The very people who are trying to use this ever benign moment against the President are the same people that say that President Clinton’s affair was a personal matter, not him taking advantage of a young intern. If I am to choose between a party who thinks it is appropriate for a married man to take advantage of his underlings and another who has given the bird, as CB is prone to also, then I chose the crass bird every time.

Comments:
CB, I was searching the validity of the statement that Bush did flip the bird. A family member criticized the "moral politician" for doing so after winning the election (I thought she meant 2004) at a press conference. Are you saying he did do the gesture but that it happened years ago?
 
Yes, the piece that was sent to me, the one I was commenting on, was about him having done it a long time ago. I don't know, however, if I would have been terribly offended by him having done it more recently. Certainly, the most powerful man on the planet should have more class, but we are at war, and his handling of that alone keeps me a fan of his.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?