Sunday, October 24, 2004

 

A Hero Lost

After having read two or three of his books, watching his MSNBC show every day, watching his NBC show every Sunday, and loving Saturday Night Live’s imitation, I have lost one of my intellectual heroes. Chris Matthews used to look at each guest as a friendly opponent. He was, as he said, “going to make them think out loud on camera.” While it was always obvious that he was a dedicated Democrat, he seemed to be thoughtful and less a follower. As we crossed from summer to fall, approaching the conventions, all thoughtfulness left the show. Interestingly as this transformation evolved, Chris’ ratings grew. Before I saw the climb, I thought I may get him back after the election, but he has been rewarded for playing on a team.

Comments:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Christ Matthews quit his show within the next 9 months and announce he's moving back to Philly and going to run for the U.S. Senate spot held by Santorum.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?