Wednesday, November 10, 2004

 

Here Here

Boston.com / News / Boston Globe / Opinion / Op-ed / Arafat the monster: "It would take an encyclopedia to catalog all of the evil Arafat committed. But that is no excuse for not trying to recall at least some of it."

The Boston Globe has allowed the truth to be told from its pages. There is much more to be seen of it, so please link to it. It reminds me of another issue that has been bothering me, and that is whether the US will send a diplomat of any level to show respects at Arafat's Egyptian funeral services. I would not pretend to understand diplomacy, so it may just be a norm that must be met, but it makes me queasy. That sour stomach comes from the idea that, by attending a person's funeral, you are indeed "paying your respects". Given our newfound understanding of terrorism, do we really want to collectively show any respect for this man? Answer with a resounding no and understand my dilemma. This could be and very well may be the naivete of someone who has never been in the diplomatic world, but it is still my secret hope.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?