Tuesday, November 16, 2004

 

Hillary Loves Jesus...(In Front of Reporters)

Rob Long on Churches and Hillary Clinton on National Review Online: "As you know, I consider myself an evangelical Christian, really a Christian conservative, if you want to know the truth, so it's nice to be 'home' again in the South, which I really consider my quote-unquote home even though I live in New York most of the time. Well, Washington, D.C., most of the time, actually, but if I'm not there I'm in New York, of course, but always thinking about being here, in the South, my spiritual home, where I shared so many wonderful evangelical . . . moments and . . . events."

This is such obvious political opportunism as to make one's head spin. Does she assume that the American public who has had her in their living rooms for a decade plus don't find it strange that they have never heard her say such things before? Does she realize how blatant pandering looks to the American public? It's disgusting. Then the question becomes, what do her fans think of this? Normally, they would say to do what she needed to do to get elected. This time, however, she is breaching the unbreachable. Liberals, overall, do not have patience for religion. One need only see some of the post-election writings/rants to see that religion and the south are cryptonite to liberals. Could Hillary's snuggling churchy's annoy her faithful followers? This is likely all academic, because I am sure that was polled before she arrived at Sunday School.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?