Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 

I Have Been Waiting Breathlessly For This!

Calling Galloway's Bluff - The Senate uncovers a smoking gun. By Christopher�Hitchens: "Just before my last exchange with George Galloway, which occurred on the set of Bill Maher's show in Los Angeles in mid-September, I was approached by a representative of the program and asked if I planned to repeat my challenge to Galloway on air. That challenge�would he sign an affidavit saying that he had never discussed Oil-for-Food monies with Tariq Aziz?�I had already made on a public stage in New York. Maher's producers had been asked, obviously by a nervous Galloway, to find out whether I had brought such an affidavit along with me. I replied that this was not necessary, since his public denial to me was on the record and had been broadcast, and since it further confirmed the apparent perjury that he had committed in front of the U.S. Senate on May 17, 2005. I added that I wanted no further contact with Galloway until I could have the opportunity of reviewing his prison diaries.
That day has now been brought measurably closer by the publication of the report of the Senate's Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations. This report, which comes with a vast archive of supporting material, was embargoed until 10 p.m. Monday and contains the 'smoking gun' evidence that Galloway, along with his wife and his chief business associate, were consistent profiteers from Saddam Hussein's regime and its criminal exploitation of the 'Oil for Food' program...
Yet this is the man who received wall-to-wall good press for insulting the Senate subcommittee in May, and who was later the subject of a fawning puff piece in the New York Times, and who was lionized by the anti-war movement when he came on a mendacious and demagogic tour of the country last month. I wonder if any of those who furnished him a platform will now have the grace to admit that they were hosting a man who is not just a pimp for fascism but one of its prostitutes as well."

But one of its prostitutes as well! Oh how I love my Hitchy. Ok, so he's Blue's Hitchy, his wife, but mine too in a harmless adoration sort of way. Please do not just read this excerpt as you mustn't miss a morsel of what he has done to Galloway. Hitchens has put Galloway in an intellectual blender several times lately. He could do that to most any of us, but I am not a sleazeball, and wouldn't attempt to question his intellect or just raw gut feeling as Galloway has so dopily tried recently. Now to my question from yesterday...why is this not big news? His big tour around the country was big news, wasn't it? He was help up as a peacenik hero, and now it is clear he is a thief, liar and could care less about peace. Whenever possible, please blog on this and talk about it loudly in local coffee shops. It must be known that taking the high ground on war often has more to do with money than life and death.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?